Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Monday, September 10, 2007

Schedule

Well, I finally got my schedule on Saturday. I learned I would be teaching 4 classes of listening two times a week. Sure, listening is boring. You just push a button and listen to a guy with a terrible British accent say the same thing over and over, but it's better than not teaching until October. Silly me to think the first schedule they gave me would be the final one. I realize this of course after I have already filled in my plan book (my guilty pleasure!). So I just received an email saying that I only have two classes twice a week. Let's do the math. 8 hours of teaching. My contract says I can teach up to 16. So I'm just waiting for whatever bomb is about to drop on my schedule. I wouldn't hate teaching only 4 classes, though I'm certainly not one wanting for free time. We'll see how it plays out.

I'm trying to figure out how to be a strict, respected, fun, un-boring, listening teacher for these 3 + 1 kids. Yeah, I'll let you know how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home