Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Zai Jian!

This afternoon we're supposed to leave Yichang...for the second time. And now we've heard there are delays. But hopefully no cancellations. Yichang just can't let go of us. And how can we?

I took a walk around my corner of the world this morning, took some pictures, trying to take it all in. And as I sit here, firecrackers are going off in the middle of the day. Must be a wedding. Or a funeral. Or a kid who found firecrackers.

So will I miss that?
Will I miss split pant babies peeing on the sidewalk?
Or being surrounded by thousands of people who can't control the volume of their voices?
Being pushed by scrappy old ladies and being given the "foreign" price?
Not understanding what's being said most of the time and communicating like a three-year-old?
Being told to drink more hot water and wear more clothes?
Being stared at amidst echoes of "waiguoren!"

Yeah, I guess I will.



















Our corner of the world: Yun Lin Lu "Cloud Forest Road"

1 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

You know you will....

January 8, 2009 at 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home