Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The sky is falling!

So tonight was kind of a rough one. Most days you can overlook or deal with your inner demons and shortcomings. Sometimes they overwhelm you in full force. Tonight I let things get to me, had a good cry, and was moping around when I got a direct message to get over it.

I was laying on my new chaise, listening to music and thinking, when the light and fixture on my ceiling crashed to the floor. My immediate thought was, "Thank you! That could have been my head!", second thought being "Crap, I just had that light fixed." The light in my study had been out for at least a week. I'd finally learned how to say "light broken", found the madam, and communicated that I needed her to come to my apartment. We made an appointment for the next day, and for two whole days I enjoyed having a light in there. So much for that.

Truly though, I'm thankful. Had I been sitting at my table where I'd been journaling just a little while before, I could have been seriously injured. I'm over going to the hospital for stitches after last year.

Thankfully Beth was already on her way over bringing me flowers and a card to brighten my day, and she was gracious enough to help me get everything cleaned up.

Nothing like the sky falling to snap you out of a funk, make you suck it up, and be thankful.


1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Pratt said...

I wish I were able to let it all out. I miss people really bad but the tears won't come.
I am very thankful you are not going to get stitches now AND you have a sweet friend to cheer you up.
I hope you're okay now.
I love you and wish I could protect you from any and all hurt.
love ya
mom

September 19, 2007 at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home