Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bah Humbug?

I've realized this year how much advertising and environment play in Christmas spirit. I hear about people on the other side of the world shopping already and putting up decorations, listening to Christmas music, but to me, it still feels like fall. If the calendar didn't say December I wouldn't feel even the slightest inclination towards Christmas.

I'm sure it'll hit one day soon. Then I'll turn up the music, drink hot chocolate, and decorate. Here a few Dollar Tree santas and tacky tinsel are popping up (given, most of those stay up year round), but for the most part if you want holiday spirit in China, you've gotta bring it yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home