Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Highlights

Remember the Highlights magazine? I used to love it when I was little, especially the hidden pictures. Today I was reminded of the hidden pictures on the treadmill at the gym. My view from the treadmill overlooks a small street with random shops and restaurants. Above the restaurants are floors and floors of apartments, so you can see what people hang out their windows. Usually it's clothes drying, sometimes weird plants. Today was a super fun hidden picture. Usually it goes something like this: underwear(usually larger than you can imagine any Chinese person wearing), long johns, red underwear (must belong to someone in the year of the pig...you're supposed to wear something red everyday in your year for good luck), long johns... Yesterday it went like this: underwear, long johns, underwear, dead chicken hanging upside down... Today (same window) it was underwear, long johns, underwear, dead chicken hanging upside down, cow rump, leg of a random animal, and a mystery meat. Next door strings of sausages were hung like garland. Tis the season to deck the windows?

This afternoon Peach, Jumping, and Sylvia came over. We made cookies and watched Mulan. They'd never seen it before which I thought was pretty funny. I told them it was my favorite movie and that's why I came to China. They believed me for about 5 seconds. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we should start hanging meats out of the windows here. That would be fun... though I got a warning note on my door for hanging a wet towel over the fence. :( Anyways... I heard some good news about you and February! yay!!!

December 14, 2007 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home