Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The end of the world as we know it...

We stayed one more night in Shanghai because we didn't want to go from the boat directly to a plane. And good thing! We thought we'd get to fly business class again because we were on special standby tickets, but sadly the plane was full so it was back to economy where we belong. I only slept three hours the whole way, but for some reason, wasn't entirely miserable. I watched 3 movies, played Bejeweled, watched documentaries and TV shows, even listened to Jem's new CD. Lots to do on a 13 hr flight.

I couldn't help but cry when we took off in Shanghai. I had already said goodbye to Yichang, but to say goodbye to all of China was tough too. For whatever part I've had in changing China even a little, it's changed me much much more.

Some of the most amazing people live half a world away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home