Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Friday, December 4, 2009

A Big Day: Heat and 5k!

Today was a huge day.
1. We got heat! We've been livin' it Yichang style with space heaters for weeks, and while we've all been troopers...heat is awesome!

2. Today was the Rudolph the Red Nose 5k. I had two goals...to "run" the whole thing and to do it in under 45 minutes. I DID IT! Thankfully, Amanda ran with me and I think she helped me set my pace a little higher than I would have on my own. It was FREEZING. I think it was around 36 degrees, but trust me, 5 minutes into the run and I was warm. We started at LP Field, ran UP the Woodland Street Bridge, down 2nd Avenue, UP Broadway to the Somet Center (5th or 6th Avenue?), back down Broadway, UP 2nd (definitely the hardest part of the run! I felt like I was going backwards.), down Woodland Street, and around the Titans stadium. As we were rounding the stadium towards the finish line, we got the best view ever of the fireworks over the pedestrian bridge. A little last jia you to keep going to the finish. When we crossed the finish line, the clock said 45:30 I think, but we started probably a minute after the race actually began since we were in the back. I should be able to check my actual time online tomorrow.

So I feel pretty good about having set a challenge and accomplished it. This was definitely the hardest physical challenge I've ever given myself, and it's certainly the longest I've ever run. It certainly shot any desire or delusions I've ever had about wanting to run a 1/2 marathon. Sheesh! This was hard! But I did it, and I'm proud. Next year I'll be much faster. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

way to go! proud of you friend.

December 4, 2009 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger Miss Lemons said...

Congratulations on the race, that is great!

December 5, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home