Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Friday, November 6, 2009

Progress

Woohoo! Today is a big day. I jogged the whole 1.25 mile loop at Shelby Bottoms! Did. not. stop. The fact that I jogged is important, but more important is the challenge. And the not stopping. That's huge for me.

Something is slowly changing in me, a mental shift in a good direction. I was almost overwhelmed this morning walking around the loop again. Amazed by the beauty around me, feeling like I was walking in my own movie...that pivotal scene where you look back and see where you've been, and look forward and know you'll make it. And as I stretched and breathed and took in the sun glimmering on the water and the blue sky and the breeze...well, I can't really describe it. Walls are breaking down.

I'm slowly learning to make time for myself, and coming from a long line of amazing, self-sacrificing, serving women, that's hard. Who wants to take care of themselves? It's so much more fulfilling to take care of everyone else. But I'm slowly seeing that I could become the person I've always dreamed of being. I could enjoy things others enjoy. I could stop living in fear. I could be the biker, hiker, runner, swimmer, climber. I could take this mess I've become and let myself be transformed inside and out, and it truly does start inside, out.

I think this thing I'm feeling is something like...hope.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr.Oswin said...

Thats so wonderful. Praise the Lord! Big steps and thats really encouraging. I've been thinking about making a total revamp of my life too. My relationship with Him is never stable. I keep falling down. Need to re-start. But cant seem to find when where and how to start. Plz keep this in your prayers. I'll be praying for you too..
Love ya loads...

November 6, 2009 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Me said...

:)

November 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger TaiYang said...

Run Forrest!

November 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Love it. Love you.

November 9, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home