Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Friday, October 19, 2007

One of those mornings...

After having no internet for over a week, I'd like to restart my blogging with a recount of my morning yesterday. Some days the first hour is the hardest.

I have an 8:00 class on Fridays now (woot.). Last week I learned 7:15 isn't early enough for my leisurely Cheerio-munching-robe-wearing time. So I set my alarm for 7:00. My alarm goes off...didn't hear it at first cause I had the volume too low. Got up, had my Cheerios (thanks Mom!), walked around in my robe, was taking my sweet time. I did, after all, have an hour. My alarm goes off again. Huh? I checked my phone (which is my alarm clock)...7:53!!! What?! Apparently when I woke up it was like round 7 of my alarm going off and I just didn't hear it til then. When I woke up I just assumed it was 7...it was probably more like 7:45! I got dressed as fast as I could, dashed out the door, and ran to class. Of course my students didn't call ME to ask if I was coming, they called my boss who then called me.

I finally get to the 6th floor, walk into my class, turn on the lights. Oops, not my class. Just interrupted a movie for the class across the hall. Buhaoyisi! (My bad.) In my defense, all students look the same in the dark! I get to MY classroom, and of course the sound won't work for my LISTENING class. It never does in this classroom. After we got through our technical difficulties we finally started class...at like 8:20. Oops.

When Friday feels like Monday you've got to wonder what's to come!

Thankfully the day got better after that...namely, MY INTERNET WORKS AGAIN! Woohoo! And there was much rejoicing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home