Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Jovial January

Some sweet Sisters in Shiyan thought of this idea, and up until just now I thought it was a good idea but wasn't willing to participate. The idea behind Jovial January is not to talk bad about anyone. If you do, you aren't allowed to have sweets for the rest of the day with the idea that something bitter has come out of your mouth, so you can't replace it with something sweet. But as I've been thinking about it, I've realized it's a real problem for me, and always has been. And I think Jovial January fits right in my search for what love is and how I can love others like Jesus. So I would imagine January will become for me a much quieter month with not many sweets, but it's an experiment I'm willing to try. Keep me accountable!

And that leads to 100 Things #2 -
What is your favorite Chinese drink?

I like milk tea, usually cantaloupe or banana flavored. But recently I discovered coconut milk tea! Yum! You can get it hot or cold, with jelly balls or without (always without for me). There are stands everywhere, so it's a great after-meal treat. So if Jovial January goes south, guess the milk tea is the first to go!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, good idea. I think I'll try to get Amanda to participate in Jovial January with me. Usually I don't realize that I'm saying something negative about someone else until after I've said it. :(

Thanks for sharing the idea.

Oh, and have you ever tried corn tea? :)

January 4, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home