Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Quake

Well, I experienced an earthquake apparently. I was talking with some girls in my house when I heard my mirror (very large, leaning against my wall) knocking against the wall. I went in the other room to see why it was doing that and realized the whole building was shaking! We all just kind of stared at each other saying how weird it was. Then I got several messages and calls from students and friends. It seems that Chinese students do not receive the same emergency situation training that we do in school. Kids just started running out of the library and classrooms. So I took that opportunity to share with those girls proper earthquake safety and they were super impressed. :)

It seems the earthquake happened near Chengdu and was felt all the way to Beijing and Shanghai!
Here's an article I found about the earthquake.

4 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Glad you're OK, Amy. And I hope you have a great time at the Great Swing Out!

May 12, 2008 at 5:35 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Heh. Well, if I had just checked my blog reader first, I could have saved a lot of time trying to contact you ;-) You can ignore the text messages & facebook posts about this now. Good to know you're ok. love ya!

May 12, 2008 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Lisa Pratt said...

thanks to our father for taking such good care of yoU

May 12, 2008 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Jorene said...

Happy to hear that you are o.k. after your first "quake" experience. You were quickly on my mind this morning when I heard about it on the news (the next person on my mind was your mom). The Swing Out sounds like fun, enjoy! Always.

May 12, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home