Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

English Major Heaven

Well I've tasted what it feels like to teach English majors now and I'm never turning back. :)

I walked into a class of wide-eyed, excited students rehearsing texts from Unit 1 on the first day of class. Geez.

They clapped for me more than once. I was told my English was so standard and easy to understand (How's that for a southern mumbler!).

One kid, in the middle of his introduction, said he was a little nervous and asked the class for encouragement. They burst into applause, and he, apparently feeling encouraged, pressed on.

Oh, and I have two random students: one from Korea, one from Italy.

I was a little nervous about having Katie and Dawson's old students, but these kids would love anyone that speaks English, so I think I'm set.

I could get used to this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home