Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Got Milk? Don't.

Well, don't know if you've heard or not, but milk is bad in China. I know we've been saying that for years, but now we really mean it. Don't drink it; it will give you kidney stones! Apparently thousands of babies and children have gotten really sick from drinking formula because of some added chemical. We just heard about it a few days ago. Our friends and students started telling us because they know how much we talk about milk. Mainly it's three brands that have been recalled, but do I really trust the others? Not enough to get kidney stones in China! The saddest part of it all is I had finally found a milk that I liked enough to put in my cereal. And we use milk so much for cooking! I can't decide if it's worth the gamble to use small amounts in to cook with, but I will say powdered soy milk cereal just isn't awesome.

Here's an article about it:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26859570/page/2/

Drink a glass in our honor...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Pratt said...

this is very, very sad!
I'm sorry I sent you a box of cheerios!

September 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I used it to cook with anyway. Maybe I will get kidney stones but how can you not use any milk? I'm hoping if I just use it once in a while it will be okay. Oh well if I get sick, please take me to a hospital. :)

September 27, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home