Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not an awesome start

So this morning I receive a call at 8:09.
"Where are you? You have an 8 am class. Your students are waiting for you!"
"Um, I was told this morning's class was canceled."
"No, your students are waiting. You must come now."
"But I just woke up. I will be very late. Can't we reschedule?"
"It is very difficult to reschedule. They are very busy."
"But I'm not prepared for class. I was told it was canceled."
"Just talk to them."

Sigh.

So I called May who had told me there was no class. She called the first guy. She calls me back. Yeah, I have to go to class. Oh and by the way, that class will probably be given to a teacher with fewer hours than me starting next week so I'll never see them again. But yes, I must still go to class. So I start to get ready. There's no water. Great. I throw on some clothes (thankful I'd taken a shower the day before) and rush up to class only to meet 3 of my apparent students on the way.

"Are you an Oral English teacher?"
"Yes."
"Um, we are your students but all of the students have left because we waited a long time."

And who could blame them? But seriously. So here I am, waiting to go to yet another class that will probably be given to another teacher starting next week. But I still have to go.

In all of this, the good news is I realized I could tell that whole story in Chinese! Well, most of it, and like a 3 year old, but hey, it's communication.

1 Comments:

Blogger TaiYang said...

wow.. nice...

I would have said "WhAT?!?!" but then we're all on the same boat here [though me being a student and you being a teacher we would be from opposite banks... but... it's still the same boat]

And I like the - "You are a native English speaker! Just talk to them!"... they tend to confuse a class and an english corner.

September 7, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home