Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Friday, May 1, 2009

Jesus is Smart

I'm reading The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard. So far it's pretty academic and stretching my slowly deteriorating intellect (it's been a loooong time since I've read academically), but the part I read last night really made me think. Jesus is smart. A paragraph or two talks about how in Jesus' miracles, he is so smart that He knew how to transform molecules in His miracles. I never really think too hard about the miracles. If you do, your brain will explode. I just accept on faith that Jesus did miracles, and in my mind I guess they are kind of like magic. But the idea of Jesus knowing the molecular structure of water to make it wine is pretty impressive.

"That knowledge also allowed him to take a few pieces of bread and some little fish and feed thousands of people. He could create matter from the energy He knew how to access from the heavens, right where he was...He knew how to transform the tissues of the human body from sickness to health and from death to life. He knew how to suspend gravity, interrupt weather patterns, and eliminate unfruitful trees without saw or ax."

"He is not just nice, he is brilliant. He is the smartest man who ever lived."

This makes me think in a new way about trusting in Jesus. It makes me think again when I think I know what I'm doing. The smartest Being in the world is looking after my good interest, so maybe I should let Him do what He thinks best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Sigh.. I do love that book!

May 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger katie said...

MAN I want to read that book. It's been on my list of books to read for a few years now. One of these days...

May 6, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home