Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Restless Life Syndrome

I wouldn't dare call myself adventurous, and I still hate change and things that challenge me, but China has certainly put a restlessness in me. Maybe it's not China. But I find myself extremely uncomfortable with the idea of nothing to look forward to. For the last, well, forever, my life has been marked by one semester after another, one trip after another, always something to look ahead to and plan for. But now, I'm about to start a full-time job, one that I already know, and there's nothing new on the horizon!

I realized today that most normal people probably feel this right out of college, the next step for them: marriage. And when they grow restless in marriage, there's always kids to add to the mix. I guess China has made me a late bloomer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home