Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Recap

This Christmas was certainly different than any other. When asked recently what my family does for Christmas, I wasn't sure how to answer. I've been in China the last three Christmases and meanwhile, my family has moved to Florida.

Knowing it would be hard to compete with a China Christmas, this year I tried to really focus on celebrating Advent and making some of my own little traditions.

Here are some of my Christmas highlights:
Experiencing Handel's Messiah at Christ Cathedral (Hallelujah chorus = amazing.)
The semi-honored tradition of the making of the hideous (ly awesome) Christmas shirt
Shopping for Christmas angels
A Zumba cool down to "Love Came Down at Christmas"
Singing along with Mariah's Christmas CD (badly) in Jehovah Jireh with Brad
Late night guitar and singing
The "Your Presence is our Present" dinner and knife throwing
Christmas Eve service with mom
The endless fun of iphoto booth


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home