Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I love oxygen.

Last night as I drove into downtown Denver, I got a little choked up. It hit me...oh crap, I'm moving to Denver! Just like any other Friday night, I was driving through downtown to a swing dance, only this time it was Denver and not Nashville. As I walked in to the Turnverein, I realized that in all my years of dancing I have never gone to a dance where I knew NO ONE.

I put on my brave face, found a spot to observe, and tried to tell my face to look friendly. Lucky for me, I spotted a guy who looked like he knew what he was doing and subtly stalked him until he was finally free for a dance. That dance happened to be the dance before the "birthday/out-of-towners" jam. He offered to start me off in the jam which was good because otherwise I probably wouldn't have had the nerve to just jump in. An out-of-towners jam...what a great idea! I was able to dance with probably 10 different leads which really helped get the night started.

As I was huffing and puffing, trying to bust out my best following skills, and trying to look friendly, I was thinking, "Dang, you're out of dance shape!" And then I remembered my body just wanted oxygen this Mile High City couldn't offer. Erin says it takes 3 months for your body to adjust. What! All I'm saying is, watch out Nashville, cause next time you dance with me, I'll be drunk on oxygen.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home