Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Friday, January 18, 2008

At Last!

Whew. Here at last after three full days of travel. Guess you can't expect traveling half way around the world to be too simple...

I left my apartment at 6 am Wednesday the 16th- the school had a car waiting for me (thanks!). I got to the Yichang airport, went straight to the plane, no problems. Wuhan to Beijing, no problems. Landed in Beijing, found the hotel shuttle service I needed and ended up at the "100% Perfect Hotel." Now this hotel was far from perfect, but it did have a bed, heater, and a shower so it was fine with me. I successfully bought street food for lunch and was proud that I could ask for what I wanted...that I wasn't just like every other tourist in Beijing. I did a lot of reading and caught up on some letter writing, then headed out the next day for America.

I got to the airport to find that my flight from Beijing to San Francisco was messed up, something about crew legality? Anyway, they had to reroute me because I was going to miss my connecting flight in CA. I ended up flying to Chicago instead and spending one night there. This morning I finally flew to Orlando. Here at long last.

Oh, the best part...I got bumped to Business class for the trouble! Now, THAT was awesome! And the hotel they put me up in was pretty sweet too.

I was just so thankful all the mess happened in English speaking places! I've loved the satisfaction of being able to fully express myself and ask for directions or help! It's the little things. And I've had a quite a time playing the travel bingo game Katie made for me (almost got them all!) and people-watching. America has so many different shapes, sizes, colors, and styles! I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home