Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Meager March Update

Well, we're 1/3 through Meager March and so far so good. The first few days were pretty rough as I made it through my Internet withdrawals, but now I feel less and less the need to compulsively check my computer knowing nothing will be there and I'll just waste my time. With all that extra time I've spent more time with others, more time Reading, more time cooking or entertaining others, and enjoying the spots of sunshine that are beginning to peek out here. The other major change has been not using taxis. I know most of our Chinese friends opt for the bus unless in a special situation, but we usually bus to a place and taxi back for convenience. There have been a few times where I really wished for a taxi just because of the time it saves, but I've stuck with it and it hasn't been too bad. Other things: I've taken shorter, cooler showers and bought my veggies from locals rather than the supermarket. I'm still lured in by convenient packaging and well, convenience in general, but I know buying from real people is better. I know that money is going straight in their hand.

In other news we've all been on a gym kick, going 4-5 times per week. And for those of you that know me well, you know that I only run if chased...but I've actually been jogging. Can you believe it?!

So that's all for now. I'm sure I've used up my allotted 15 min for the day...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're awesome, amy pratt. :) keep it up. i wanna hear how meager march goes.

March 11, 2008 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home