Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rejection

While I was getting ready for an interview this morning, I missed a call about the other position I had interviewed for. Rejection is always better in a message. :) And do people really say "we're going in a different direction with this position?" I always thought that was just a joke. It's not. But thankfully what I felt was not disappointment, but relief. Right now I think I need a job that is full of rote, comfortable, scheduled, consistency, and the Americorp position I had applied for wasn't really any of those things to me.

I did have a good interview with Bread and Company this morning. The manager was really nice, and I think it might be a good transition job for me - something I don't have to think too hard about or be too...challenged. I don't like being challenged. :)

With everything around me being uncertain, undefined, unsettled, I'm just ready for something, anything to be concrete. And I'd like something to fill my time besides grading papers for Beth (though I do enjoy that) and watching endless episodes of "How I Met Your Mother."

So, I should find out more tomorrow about the Bread and Company position. And if that flops, then I'll do what I can to get myself out of panic mode and just trust that now is supposed to be a growing time and a huge lesson in provision. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home