Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Monday, June 22, 2009

Big 26

I woke up Thursday morning to the biggest birthday card ever, a collage of 26 things my roommates love about me. I love them. Then I had a birthday haircut, and did my usual running around. We went out to eat, and then had zhende Chinese milk tea! We got to speak a little (bad) Chinese, then Brad and the waitress sang Happy Birthday to me in Chinese. Beth gave me a cutting board (to match the cleaver I got her for her birthday) and bug spray. Practical and thoughtful. :)

My "party" was Saturday. We gathered some of my favorite people and went to Arrington Vineyards. We had a wine tasting, including an amazing raspberry wine with truffles! We sat by the vineyards, sipping wine, eating good food, and enjoying fine company. In addition to my everyday awesome friends, Erin and Jason were visiting from Colorado and Russ, my old dance buddy, was there too! We did a little dancing, sweat to death, and then headed back. A classy birthday indeed.

26 feels easier than 25. Though I frowned a little when I realized I had already completed my 26th year and was already starting the 27th...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home