Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ray of Hope

Brad, Beth, and I went to Ray of Hope Community Church this morning. Our landlord is the pastor there, and it is just a one minute's walk from our house. I will say that there was only one other white guy besides us there. :) But I've never experienced such a warm and welcoming church. Toward the beginning of the service they stopped and had visitors stand up. Then the congregation went around giving holy hugs...I can't remember the last time that many people hugged me. It was an energetic, enthusiastic 2 1/2 hours of praise and "bringing of the Word." They seem to be very involved in our community and passionate about living out the Word. It was very encouraging, and of course, I've always wanted to rock out in a black church. Today was the day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home