Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Friday, June 18, 2010

What a birthday looks like...

Well, I've survived another year, seen another birthday. As many of you know, my birthday isn't my favorite day of the year. I'd much rather celebrate someone else's birthday. Today, however, was an excellent day. Nothing showy, but perfect for me.

Started out at 7 am. That's terrible you say? Well, considering the roofers have been waking me up at 6 the last few days, I'll take 7. Made a nice breakfast, enjoyed facebook comments, emails, and walking around in my pajamas. Highlight of the morning: talking to Peach on gtalk!

Then I had my last swim lesson. Linda, my instructor, was impressed beyond belief at my progress and how far I've come in 4 lessons. And I would like to say, today something BIG happened...I touched the bottom of a 9ft pool without holding my nose. This, people, is BIG! It was unpleasant, but I did it. And through some of Linda's comments and my own observations, I was reminded of a gift/skill/talent I have. I may not be able to throw a ball, catch a ball, or even look at a ball, but give me something where I just need to control my own body, and I'm good. I figured this out with dancing, and now swimming. Apparently I have body awareness, which to me, is kind of funny...

Then I headed out for lunch with Nana. Chinese. Delish. And then to get my hair cut and eyebrows waxed. I guess once a year it's good to have a gay guy massage your scalp, tell you you have nice eyebrows, and overcharge you for products and services. It was quite enjoyable and worth every penny!

Then, I had a free Starbucks birthday coupon, so I sat at Starbucks with my massive frappuccino and studied medical terminology for a while. To me, that was enjoyable (and productive...a bonus!).

Now here I sit, waiting for a delicious Papa Johns pizza to be delivered (via Brad) and a night of just chilling...maybe a Cake Boss episode or two. Maybe some Dhani Jones...

Nothing grand, but a perfect birthday.
I think 27 is going to be a good year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your blog! please visit mine and follow if you wish =)

http://jenniferscavone.blogspot.com/

July 4, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home