Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Crossfit

Well, due to the strong urging of my brother, I tried out a Crossfit class last week. I didn't die, so I started my 6-week intro class series today at Crossfit Eminence. I learned several squatting techniques, some variations of sit ups and push ups, then I did my "actual" workout. I'm pretty sure it lasted less than 10 minutes, but exertion + altitude + out-of-shapeness = want to pass out and/or throw up. But I did neither, so back I go tomorrow.

At the gym, they have a chalkboard wall where people write short-term goals they want to achieve. I knew mine immediately. So, a few days ago I bought this amazing, red, 80's style prom dress with puffy sleeves to zombify and wear for the Thriller performance on October 29th. It doesn't quite zip up in the back, probably by a good two inches, but I bought it anyway because it was a) an amazing, red, 80's style prom dress with puffy sleeves, b)only $8, and c)something I figured I could rig up on the night of the show if it wouldn't zip ;). Now my goal is for the dress to zip and for me to be able to breathe...and dance.

Erin and Jason and I have been talking about food and nutrition lately and wanting to "get right." We'd already talked today about doing menus and eating real food. Conveniently enough, my Crossfit gym is starting a 30-day nutrition challenge Monday, and you'd better believe I'm doing it! It might suck, but I figure if you're gonna go in, go in, and also I think it's good experience for my nutrition studies. Hopefully my practice here in the Fassl home will set me on the right track for personal nutrition coach, food shopper, and chef! What a dream job!

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

:)

September 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home