Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Whole 30

Tomorrow I start the Whole 30 nutrition challenge with my Crossfit gym. That's 30 days of strict paleo eating... meaning no dairy, no grains, no beans, no sugar! The premise of Whole 30 seems to be eliminating foods that can cause allergy and inflammation for some people. I have often made fun of this type of person who would attempt to eliminate so many food categories from their diet. It seems so hipster, so health nut, so gluten-free. But here are my thoughts:
A. It's only 30 days, not a lifetime commitment.
B. Maybe I am irritated by some of these common foods and just don't know because I've never let myself be without them!
C. If nothing else, I know sugar is the devil, so knocking that out can't be bad.
D. I've been wanting focus on eating whole, non-processed foods, and well, there is virtually no other way to do Whole 30!
E. This will be a good experiment to add to my nutrition repertoire.
F. Why not go all in?!

The real challenge is going to be when I go to Nashville in the middle of October for Brad and Jordan's wedding, but hopefully by then I'll have my bearings. Tomorrow I have to do a baseline workout and take measurements and before pictures. At the end of 30 days, the person with the greatest progress wins a free month of Crossfit, a massage, and a bunch of other stuff. I could win!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have you ever want to visit another galaxy or other planets? Have you ever want to see a werewolf, see vampire plants? Travel back in time, visit the moons of Jupiter, fight in a robot war, or ride a dragon? Then this is the book for you.
Earth’s end has arrived due to a man made virus and pollution of air, water and land. Even the Anti-Christ is desperate to get off the Earth before the end. A space lottery selects 200 brave souls to colonize a distant planet named Caldoria. Unfortunately, the ship pops out of its time/space warp and is severely damaged by a meteor shower. Oxygen is running out. All appears hopeless or is it. In order to save the planet he loves, our hero is forced to travel from world to world to find himself and to learn to know and love GOD.
The book will not make you smarter, but it take you on a mind journey. Available exclusively on Amazon Kindle for download to Kindle and other electronic devices at only $2.99.

And why not check out my blog;
dmlangel1101.blogspot.com



August 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home