Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Thursday, October 25, 2012

An Interesting Timeline of Events..

I don't know exactly where this is going, but I'd like to lay out a few things that are happening.

1. I move to Denver and at my brother's urging join Crossfit.
2. The same week I join Crossfit, they begin a Whole 30 nutrition challenge, which is strict paleo eating.
3. Erin and Jason have been interested in paleo eating but not really had the time for all the prep.
4. I have time to cook and enjoy it, so I cook for myself and the Fassls.
     a. They get yummy food they don't have to prepare.
     b. I get the added support of everyone in the house eating the way I am!
5. Erin mentions that this would be a good business idea: preparing paleo foods for busy people who don't have time to cook - maybe making weekly or biweekly deliveries to local Crossfit gyms.
6. I think this is a great idea.
7. I am taking classes currently on how to manage a food business and cook for others in a safe way.
8. I realize it's overwhelming to figure out where to begin or how to even google what I'm trying to do.
9. Susan Manke sends me this website: http://www.briansbowls.com/ of someone in California doing just what I want to do!
10. After a little searching, I realize you have to cook in a certified kitchen. :(
11. Our kitchen is certainly not certified.
12. After a brief search, I find the term kitchen co-op, and find a place SUPER close that offers hourly rental of their certified kitchen for people wanting to start their own small food business.

As Erin said tonight, what are the odds of all these things lining up? 

So who knows where any of this will lead, but I find the timeline of events very interesting. I love how I have not ever had a really specific idea of what I want to do with my nutrition degree, but I think Jesus does, and He's working it out before my very eyes! I also have my first volunteer orientation with Cooking Matters next week, an organization that offers nutrition education and cooking classes to low income families. So who knows where that will lead?!

We talked in Bible study last night about these verses:
No one can receive a single thing unless it's given to him from heaven.  John 3:27
and
Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above... James 1:17

Every "coincidence", "chance meeting", and all the things just "working out" here in Denver are so much more. Each is a gift from above and evidence each day that our God is a God who provides! I'm excited to see what He has next on this adventure.



1 Comments:

Blogger Princess Jami said...

So exciting! You should totally do this!! Love that you have the time to cook, as I frequently do not. :-)

October 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home