Rants, Raves, and Ridiculosity

The life of a returning waiguoren...

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chronicles

If the past year of my life were chronicled like the stories of the Old Testament, it would look something like this.  :)

In the 30th year of Amy of the Pratts, the Lord spoke to Amy saying, "Leave your people in the city of Nashville and move to the land of the Coloradans. Take root and settle among them. You will care for a child not your own, and I will provide for your every need.  Do not fear, for I will be with you." So Amy followed the instruction of the Lord, thinking the Lord might bless her with a husband.  In the third month, Amy became disheartened because the Lord had not yet seen fit to bless her with a husband.  She was also overwhelmed with sickness.  The Lord spoke to Amy saying, "I have lead you to the wilderness to speak tenderly to you." (Hosea 2:14)  The Lord provided Amy with a fellowship of believers. They met together to study the Scriptures and committed themselves to prayer.  The believers were of one heart and called out to the Lord, "Fill us with your Spirit!" In worship, Amy was continually overwhelmed and wept openly. She sought the Lord to fill her with Truth. Then, the congregation laid hands on Amy where she received a fresh revelation of the gifts of the Spirit. The Lord grew in her the gift of exhortation and called her into a ministry for children.  The Lord spoke to her saying, "I, the Lord, have called you for a righteous purpose, and I will hold you by your hand." (Isaiah 42:6) Amy was filled with the joy of the Lord and praised Him saying, "In each season, You have been faithful. In each season, You have drawn me in!"  Amy continued to wait on the Lord for His perfect timing. She knew a time of uncertainty was ahead where she would need to seek the Lord even more earnestly.  The Spirit reminded her of a Psalm, "God - He clothes me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and sets me securely on the heights...You widen a place beneath me for my steps, and my ankles do not give way." (Psalm 18) And Amy was unafraid, knowing that the Lord would lead her gently into whatever was ahead.

I share this with you, not to boast in my own strength or to let you think I'm awesome but to share the amazing journey the Lord has brought me through over the last year.  Through seasons of doubt, confusion, and even anger, He has been faithful.  Denver has truly been my wilderness, and He has been so kind to speak tenderly to me.  He has filled me with Truth and grown my understanding of the real Gospel. He has taught me about His Spirit and set me free from chains I didn't even know I had. All through the Old Testament, God tells His people to keep talking about what He's done. Tell your children! Don't forget! Set up a monument! DON'T FORGET! So this is my attempt to chronicle an amazing year. The first 30 years have been so awesome that it's hard for me to imagine the next 30 being better. But somehow, I feel the best is yet to come.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home